The answer is simple…
We have over 200 years of combined expertise in the fields of hazardous materials / dangerous goods, and supply chain packaging & logistics knowledge. We are the only trainers in the area who also pack and ship dangerous goods on a daily basis. Our experienced packaging engineers can provide invaluable solutions to day-to-day issues that arise when handling hazardous materials and dangerous goods. Our training classroom is adjacent to our packaging warehouse where students are taken on tours to experience and participate in reviewing and analyzing “frustrated” cargo being processed.
All of our students receive technical support as long as they participate and remain in a current Airpack certification program. This includes companies and their students that participate in private, public or online training programs. While participants leave our classes with a thorough understanding of the regulations, if they don’t practice it on a daily basis, they may need reassurance and additional direction when it comes time to prepare an actual shipment. This unique association with our customers and students is how we set ourselves apart from other training organizations.
- Airpack has been packaging dangerous goods for over 20 years. From hairspray and nail polish, to explosives and corrosives. We have packaged it, consulted companies how to stay in compliance, and can train your staff how to transport it.
- Our instructors have successfully completed the IATA Dangerous Goods Instructor Course given by IATA.
- Classes are taught with a “real world” philosophy and experience. Our instructors have seen a few shipments in their lifetime and they share these experiences with their students. You can stand in front of a classroom and read from a book all day, but you don’t know what it’s really about until you have “lived” it as our instructors have.
- Students are taken into the Airpack warehouse and shown “distressed” freight, demonstrating what it should, and should not, look like. Try to imagine that while being trained in a hotel setting. There is no comparison! We provide the best training environment for our students.
- Airpack Inc. is a local company specializing in export packaging, crating, and regulatory compliance for the transportation of dangerous (hazmat) goods. For continued support, Airpack is here to support you long after you complete your training class.
- Airpack and John Gerrish & Associates have full professional liability coverage for all instructors and training courses offered.
How the courses are designed
Airpack & JGA have assembled the courses from proven & approved training classes. Our “intuitive” approach reviews and delivers required regulatory information processes unique to the hazmat industry. Many years of valuable student feedback and surveys have made our program effective and enjoyable.